mardi 31 juillet 2007

Remembering Kraftwerk


Making a longer story short is one of the most underrated capacity of mankind.


I'll try to use it :


Girlfriend listening to the most girly rock band in the world : Coldplay.


The song : Talk


Having discovered recently Kraftwerk, it pops in my head : they ripped off totally the song Computer Love (KomputerLiebe).


I was ready to ramble about how much they suck and how one of their listenable song is actually not their song, but checking out some stuff I realized they askind KW for their permission and even gave them credits on the album.


Two things : 1- Kraftwerk were visionary and their melodies have not aged a bit.


2- What a tought was an open door to bash coldplay ended up making them look better to my eyes : they've listened to kraftwerk and liked it to the point of making up a kind of hommage.


Bottom line : any weapon can be used against you.

Aucun commentaire: